Thank you for your interest in a field trip with the San Antonio River Authority. It is our mission to:
Engage, educate and empower students to make informed decisions about the conservation and protection of the San Antonio River watershed through thought-provoking, hands-on and inquiry-driven explorations.
We are now accepting field trip requests for September 1, 2018 and beyond.
SARA Field Trips
- All field trips are free and booked on a first-come, first-served basis
- Field trips are only conducted on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- In order to ensure a positive, engaging experience for all students, the maximum number of students per field trip is 50.
- Field trips typically begin at 10:00am and conclude at 1:30pm with 30 minutes allotted for lunch.
- Transportation to and from the field trip site is the responsibility of the school.
- Groups should arrive with plenty of time to unload students, arrange groups and participate in a group orientation prior to the scheduled activities.
- Please leave coolers, lunches and personal belongings on the bus.
- All students should be prepared to participate in activities in an outdoor setting which may include adverse temperatures, uneven terrain and potential exposure to biting/stinging insects.
- Field trips must be requested at least three (3) weeks in advance. For the best selection of dates and staff availability, contact us as early as possible.
- Field trip requests are pending until processed with confirmed dates by SARA. Confirmations and other important field trip details including pre and post trip activities will be sent to the email address provided in the initial request.
For the safety of students and staff, SARA requires that student groups be accompanied at all times by an appropriate number of adult teachers or chaperones. Chaperones are expected to ensure that students behave appropriately and are engaged in the field trip activities.
- A chaperone-to-student ratio of 1:10 is required for all field trips. For every ten (10) students, there should be one adult actively monitoring the group.
Late Arrival & Cancellation Policy
- Groups should arrive with plenty of time to unload students, use restrooms, arrange groups and participate in a group orientation prior to 10:00am on the day of the field trip.
- If your group is running late, SARA cannot guarantee that all activities will occur as originally planned.
- In the event that the weather, park conditions or unforeseeable circumstances prevent the field trip to proceed as planned, SARA will contact the field trip organizer as soon as possible.
- A rescheduled field trip is not guaranteed.
For educational resources and materials, visit: https://wp-sara-tx.sara-tx.org/education-outreach/