Thank you for your interest in a tour with the San Antonio River Authority!
We strive to inspire actions for individuals to make informed decisions about the conservation and protection of the San Antonio River watershed through thought-provoking, hands-on and inquiry-driven explorations.
- All tours are free and booked on a first-come, first-served basis
- Tours are only conducted on Tuesday through Friday.
- In order to ensure a positive, engaging experience for all individuals, the maximum number of individuals allowed on a tour is 50.
- Transportation to and from the tour site is the responsibility of the individual.
- Groups should arrive with plenty of time to unload, arrange groups and participate in a group orientation prior to the scheduled activities.
- All individuals should be prepared to participate in activities in an outdoor setting which may include adverse temperatures, uneven terrain and potential exposure to biting/stinging insects. Closed toed shoes are required.
- Tours must be requested at least two (2) weeks in advance. For the best selection of dates and staff availability, contact us as early as possible.
- Tour requests are pending until processed with confirmed dates by SARA. Confirmations and other important tour details including pre- and post-trip activities will be sent to the email address provided in the initial request.
- For the safety of all individuals, SARA requires that student groups be accompanied at all times by an appropriate number of adult teachers or chaperones. Chaperones are expected to ensure that students behave appropriately and are engaged in the tour activities. For SARA’s wastewater treatment tours we require attendees to be at least 15 years of age or older.
Late Arrival & Cancellation Policy
- Individuals should arrive with plenty of time to unload, use restrooms, arrange groups and participate in a group orientation prior to the start time on the day of the tour.
- If your group is running late, SARA cannot guarantee that all activities will occur as originally planned.
- In the event that the weather, park conditions or unforeseeable circumstances prevent the field trip to proceed as planned, SARA will contact the field trip organizer as soon as possible.
- A rescheduled field trip is not guaranteed.