The San Antonio River Authority (SARA) is a full-service water and wastewater utility provider within its district. SARA recognizes that communities are finding it increasingly difficult to meet their water and wastewater needs: as a result, SARA offers the following services to partnering communities:
- Commercial and residential wastewater services
- Construction, operation and maintenance of centralized water distribution and wastewater collection systems
- Emergency and routine water and wastewater treatment systems
- Quality training programs
- Development and implementation of re-use irrigation systems
By partnering with SARA, communities in Bexar, Wilson, Karnes and Goliad counties get the assistance they need in meeting both their current and future needs, such as developing alternative infrastructure, making treatment facility improvements and interpreting and complying with changing and increasingly stringent rules and regulations.
SARA Utilities owns, operates and maintains the wastewater plants and lift stations through our collection system infrastructure. The operators and staff continuously attend related accredited sewer & water courses to improve their job performance and maintain or upgrade their state certification status. The plants operators are certified by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).